Saturday 3 August 2019

Waterfall

Encouraged by positive comments on Facebook about the way I’ve painted water, and my recent addiction to painting in acrylics, I felt inspired to ‘go for it’ and paint this waterfall which is at the bottom part of Shelf woods bordering with Coley woods (Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK). It is a photo I took some years ago now and I used to walk here a lot with my Whippet Meg. It is a special place too, because I believe it to be the site my Grandma used to call ‘the burn down’ where some of my ancestors lived. I was also told recently that it could have been the site of the Shelf flour mill which had a waterwheel, but at this time I haven’t been able to verify that. I certainly can’t think of another waterfall big enough in Shelf woods to support a waterwheel. Interesting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment