Thursday 6 November 2014

Shaving Foam Backgrounds.

Although this is not a new technique it is having a bit of a revival. I first saw it in a Craft Stamper magazine about 4-5 years ago and had every intention of getting around to it, BUT never did.
As I have found out this can be a fun but messy technique and even though you think all pattern/ink are done, keep going because you get some lovely subtle marble effects. Great for toning matting/layering!
Here are a few simple examples of what I've made so far.

 This one is a second or third lift where the ink is still bright.



This one is probably around the tenth lift with no extra ink added. I also did a shadow effect on the tree.




The one below is a first impression but I also used a stencil.


I think bold line art complements these types of background, especially when stamped and heat embossed in black. You see the bold splash of colour with the simplicity of the line art. When stamping/embossing in a colour other than black it made the image disappear into the background and you didn't get the striking contrast.




Happy crafting

Yve

:)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment