Sunday 3 August 2014

Rough few weeks !

First I have to apologise to apologise to the ladies booked on my 'mirror stamping' class. Unfortunately since I was off sick from my regular day job, I can't be seen to be working elsewhere (however much I want to be there for you). So I'm sorry I had to let you down. I will be doing classes again after the holidays so I hope you'll forgive me and join me then.

Personally I've had a rough few weeks culminating in the passing of a dear family pet who went over the rainbow bridge sometime overnight Thursday/Friday. Although his passing has been expected for the last year, I thought I was prepared for it. WRONG ! I spent all Friday night balling my eyes out. Welcome back those fatty bags under my eyes that I worked so hard on getting rid of last time I had a good boo ! Oh, well !

I haven't been lying about feeling sorry for myself all the time though as you've probably noticed from my last post (stencilling with this Sweet Poppy Stag being what I  hope to be doing as one of my classes soon). Once I'd made all these stags heads though they had to made into cards and here are some of the results (plus some other creations). Hope you like them. Only one of them is done with shop bought embossing paste.


 
 
Hopefully, with the arrival of a very lovely gift from Tonic studios (guess who jumps to the top of my favourite crafty stash list) on Saturday morning I can put all this bad luck behind me. I also got a £5 birthday voucher from Ideal World (which I hope includes C&C) and only this morning I got a £2 voucher for being overcharged at ASDA's  (including the amount I was overcharged). Not a huge amount granted, but when you live on a tight budget everything's welcome. The moral of the story is "always check your receipts before you leave the shop".
 
 
Anyway, enough for now. I'm Hank Marvin so I'm off  to see what I can rustle up for my tea.
 
 
Yve

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your dear family pet. Our house rabbit passed earlier this year, it's so very hard when they go. We have a special bond with our furry friends that's hard to explain.

    You did an amazing job on these Christmas cards, that stags head stencil is just gorgeous! Full of beautiful texture and I love the foliage and poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete