Monday 21 July 2014

Stencilling on a budget - Part 3

Making your own glitter paste.

Ok folks, as promised the results of my experiment.

 
 
I think that's a brilliant result. Don't you?
 
Some cheapo kiddies glitter glue (from leading supermarkets) mixed with Tylose powder (available from good cake making shops or I got mine from C & C) to make a firm gel. (I sieved it in an blended well each time).
 
Place the card onto a magnetic sheet and pop the stencil on top. Mask off the edges with low tack tape, Scrape over the gel with a dedicated scraper or the edge of a palette knife. Carefully remove the masking tape and lift the stencil and VOILA !
Allow to dry and design your cards.
 
 Simples !
 
On this example I really like the tonal variations between the sections of high glitter and those with a lower concentration of glitter. I'm just blown away that this is so inexpensive but gives amazing results.
 
Although I love my job, I feel sometimes my talents are going to waste.
Any serious job offers considered. LOL
 
 OH WELL! school holidays are here. YIPPEE !!!!!!!
 
Yve Jaye


No comments:

Post a Comment