Wednesday 22 May 2013

Special order Swan

 
This is my newest creation. From time to time I get  orders for special occasions. This one is for a 70th Wedding Anniversary. Most of the orders I get have no specifications and I am given a free reign in what I create. YEAH !!!!!  I haven't had one back yet, so I take it as a good sign. 
It is made by making an easel card from the scalloped oval Spellbinders Grand nestabilities. The base/support is cut from a piece of folded A4 cream card and is cut over the folded edge. What will become the base of the card is distressed around the edge with Tea dye distressing ink. The topper part as I call it is cut using the same die as the base and again distressed around the edge. Next I have cut another oval 2 sizes down and embossed it with the Die'sire A4 leaves embossing folder and distressed the edges (I sense a pattern here ..!). The next layer up is a PSX stamp (swan) which has been stamped using a Sepia Versafine ink pad, cut with the small scallop  nestability and the Cheery lynn lace oval die (with the circle lace in the centre) used as a frame over the swan. Along the inside of the lace die there is a lip which I have just run a Caramel promarker around to highlight the edge. I didn't do any distressing on either of these layers. I have added as embellishments 3 homemade rose flowers (my own design and aren't as pinky in real life), edged with Gold versamark, leaves cut from beige lightweight card with a woodware punch, a hat pin and some gold ribbon.
The text was typed into Corel draw,printed and cut, but this could easily be done in a Word document. Just remember to change the colour of the text to suit the colour of the card (something I generally forget to do the first time I print! - DUH!!!!) For cream cards I prefer to use a brown/sepia colour and a light gray for cards on a white background/white insert.
I put 2, Crafts too you, Flora, die cuts emerging from the 'stopper' which was created from the left over lace circle and a quickutz scalloped circle die cut. To finish I added a Spellbinders banner die.
Hope you like it??? !!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: