Friday 31 May 2013

Whimsy Boy


Whilst at 'The Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza' last year I saw some die cut sheets with Whimsy characters on them. I didn't want sheets, I wanted stamps so I made a note of the manufacturer and looked them up on line. Imagine my joy when I discovered they came in stamp form. Since I couldn't find a UK based stockist (at the time) with the ones I wanted and I ended up ordering from America. There aren't many boys stamps I actually like but I fell for these instantly because they have attitude. This is done with the Whimsy Teen Idol stamp. It is coloured with pro markers, the background distressed with Tea Dye and the edges ripped and torn to give a white frame effect. The far backing paper was created using the resist technique with Anna Griffin polymer (banner) stamps as are the "Bash" and "Let's Party" greetings.  A bit of sacking material has been added and the corners distressed a bit more with some acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment