Friday 31 May 2013

Baby Card


Well here I am again, having just finished cutting out the lining for my daughter's prom dress. (post coming shortly since prom is on 28th June)

The vast majority of the cards I make are for my own use or made as Christmas presents, however, every once in a blue moon I get special orders (and two in one month is a cause for celebration). When I got one for a baby card I struggled because I didn't have any baby stamps and had to go buy this one from ' Lili of the Valley' (too close and tempting to where I live) and don't you think it's just SOOO cute? I've wanted to do something in browns and blue/pink for a while, so when I coloured the teddy brown I just couldn't resist. As with most of my cards these days, I've distressed the edges to give it a shabby chic look. I ummed and ahhhed about adding the lace effect and a flower because they are not generally boyish, but in the end I decided to go for it and am really pleased with the result. As usual it's coloured with promarkers, the backing papers are from the Polka Doodles, Fredrika CD-rom and the ribbon is threaded through a Martha Stewart punch which has been punched on both edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment